KHBT — The Humboldt Community School District issued an official statement via Facebook yesterday, detailing their student sickness policies.
It was stated in the policy that there has been a high number of student illnesses this week.
Here is the policies as presented yesterday:
Keep your child home from school when they experience:
1) Vomiting or diarrhea. Must be resolved for 24 hrs before returning.
2) Severe cough and/or uncontrolled cough.
3) Unexplained skin rash or eruptions.
4) Swelling, redness, discomfort of the eyes.
5) Any Communicable diseases. If your child is started on an antibiotic, they must be on the antibiotic for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
6) Oral temperature of 100 degrees F & above. NOTE: Your child needs to have a temperature of less than 100 degrees F for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication before they may return to school.